We put our families to sleep when we talk about our careers, projects, or programs. Yet, we find it fascinating. You need a way to brag about your change. The following demonstrates our method as to how we transform the mundane into an exciting, authentic message.
As an example, a TYPICALLY defined per video (e.g. for Commercial, mini-documentary, or 22 or 44 minute television solution):
Initiation: The Pitch
During this phase, the team will work with the customer to clearly define the goals, target audience and application of the video. We outline any do’s and don’ts for communicating with the identified target audience and put together a project schedule spelling out the process along with client touch points.
- The initial planning meeting will review “the pitch”. This will cover capturing the vision, positioning, brand, goals, segmentation – theme, purpose, audience, key messages, marketing plan use input, approach (out of box, storyline, direct), mid-level product focus points, big idea (soft, epic, passive). The Pitch meeting is still key, and effective, and this process can help accelerate any internal client compliance requirements at this time as the process takes into account any agency requirements. This should always kickoff the raw script effort, or at least, should continue to be the pre-requisite before a raw script is written to assure the formula, thematic continuity, and balancing objectives is key.
- This will also capture the role definitions of various production components – narration/voiceover (VO), internal presenters, testimonials, interviewers, various interviewer personas, spoken clips (no video). This will help guide a-roll production content versus b-roll and will help engage with Subject Matter Expert and material sourcing
- Can vary from light support to storyboard to full screenplay
- Collaborative Raw Script Preparation support for leads
- Documented Script Advice
- Production-Ready, Timed Screenplay
- Various Screenplay Style support such as :
- Case Study Storytelling
- Scripted, Teleprompt News Shot Style and Green Screen
- Loose Outline Interview Style and Natural Shot
- Movie Production with multiple sets or on-site sets
- Reality Show with on-site capture
Pre-Production: Setting the Logistics
- Schedule of Production “shoot” logistics
- Talent or Actor Sourcing
- B-roll planning and layout
- VoiceOver/Narrator Selection
- Tailored Pre-Production Process Interview Guidance
- Screen Script including script transitions, footage and sound mapping, and text for titles, captions and credits
- Video Plan with full phase lifecycle
- Video Schedule with full phase lifecycle
Production: Capturing the Story
Production will leverage a RED Epic Camera Professional High-Definition A-level Movie quality camera. This is the same equipment used in the making of “The Hobbit” for quality comparison. The videographer will have all lighting, sound, and movement equipment as well to assure highest quality level captured.
- Executed Production plan
- A-Roll Capture for use in public-domain or client proprietary use
Post-Production: Putting the Story together
The studio uses high-end Apple equipment and software including Final Cut and After Effects.
- Public-domain Short HD Video with appropriate VoiceOver, Graphics, Slates, credits, bugs/logos, branding, and on-script/message.
- Formats as defined in Pre-Production
- Three Revision cycle with client on rough, Pre-Sound Engineering and VoiceOver), and final
- Perform VoiceOver
- Perform Sound Engineering
- Outbrief including documented lessons learned
- Can be light support or full distribution service capability
- Metadata for video for publishing online
- Small or Large DVD or BluRay Replication of Master Copies with variety of packaging (i.e. jewel cases, sleeves, disc labeling, etc.)
- Raw Footage can be provided to client in working with client on what exactly will be needed to enable further post-production.
Xentity will begin its GSA Schedule application process in 2011 with hopes of schedule award in 2012. (NOTE: Xentity has received GSA Schedule as well as of 2012).
Xentity is a Small Business Administration 8(a) Business Development Program active participant. Federal Government clients, where justifiable, can access Xentity via simplified acquisition vehicles (up to $150,000), sole-source vehicles as defined task orders up front or IDIQ (up to $4,000,000, 5 years).
Leveraging Our 8(a) certified status for sole-source acquisition
In short, the 8(a) status allows Xentity to prime and lead Federal contracts via simplified acquisition, sole sourcing opportunities. To learn more about 8(a), click here.
– “Migrated to Confluence 5.3”
Xentity, with its FlipFlop Productions capability has delivered a second in the series of Product Outreach videos for the U.S. Geological Survey in November 2009 in coordination with the 125th Anniversary of Topographic Mapping at the USGS.
These tools have reached over 10,000 views via YouTube, USGS sites, Where 2.0 and ESRI International User Conferences.
Our Services Catalog focus on architecture, management, research, and communication lifecycle challenges for large organizations for private and public sector. We offer these services in traditional manner at corporate or agency headquarter to level to design, analyze and enhance management of the overall entity, enterprise, etc. We operate in extending the current leadership and management capabilities to offer out innovative architecture, design, and change approaches and solutions that help accelerate and increase quality and relevance of the project, program, management, governance, and implementation.
And on top, rather than use proprietary methods unique to Xentity, more methods and tools are non-proprietary and adopted by Federal and Large Enterprise Architecture programs. And we even provide the toolsets, methods, templates, training to our clients and partners. We plan to release a collaborative wiki area of our extensive library of tools, templates, and training guides over 2013 and 2014 to help in expanding use and understanding of the approach.
Read more on Developing a Transformation Approach
So what is different?
As discussed in Blending a Distributed Transformation Team, we approach transformation by reporting to corporate sponsor, but with close on-the-ground ties as much as possible with the team in the program, in the mission, in the operations and product management. Moreso, we try to focus our subject matter expertise, as one of our core architecture concepts point out, on services for Earth Mission Areas. So, on top of our enterprise services, our consultants have subject matter expertise in applying these services in issues that are critical to large world transformation such as energy, water, climate, geospatial, remote sensing, natural resources, travel, and education. To grow our subject matter expertise, we also invest in researching and piloting our patterns to allows us to prove our concepts and strengthen the specific business cases addressing these world challenges. This allows us to provide re-usable approaches, innovative concepts and solution patterns that are applicable to specific to your industries.
This is a major differentiator over staff augmentation agencies. We not only can bring the technical requirement, the staff and business management, and domain knowledge, but can share the architecture, management, and communication patterns from our knowledge base across the industry on emerging commodities such as in cloud, geospatial, energy information, etc.
– “Migrated to Confluence 5.3”
Xentity delivers mini-documentary “Introduction the the National Hydrography Dataset” to the USGS. This leverages our Flip Flop Productions capability.
In 2008, when the new presidential administration began coming into office, the USGS senior executive leadership team requested media for demonstration for incoming administration. In response, the client requested any multimedia or audio/visual communication materials from his staff, especially for The National Map (TNM) products. The client observed the communication products had no attention grabbing “story to tell”, though there were many visualization and product examples.
From this and related other planning efforts, the client began reviewing effective methods for improving overall communication products. The benefits yielded with this approach which could replace conference travel costs, create repeatable, attention-grabbing messages, create initial awareness and introductory level training for uses, reach new audiences could not have reached before (i.e. via self-service media viewing), use for Rollout of Products Enhancements/Revamped, and, as initially conceptualized, help in executive education for new leaders to learn about the complicated nature of large programs such as NGP in a simple, easy method.
An effort was initiated under an existing Xentity task work, to develop this initial 6 minute outreach video for introduction to the National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) which could fit in a product series of future videos for NHD – i.e. more detailed training workshops replacing 7-hour application workshops (which later Xentity also supported)– as well as a program series of future videos for other National Geospatial Program product lines such as Elevation, US Topo, and The National Map.
Xentity has a unique approach that takes a production style that would usually cost $5,000/minute to below $2,000/minute. Xentity could achieve this target price point as because the process is standardized, repeatable, and scope is managed as well as including architects who can convery the underlying blueprint for the target messaging along with writers and producers thus lowering several production process tasks.
The project Kicked off in November 2008, and was completed and delivered in January 2009. The video was later put on Youtube.