Today, Xentity was awarded Option year #1 for the U.S. Geological Survery IDIQ for Enterprise and Solution Architecture . This is the 6th year Xentity has provided outstanding Geospatial Integrated Services and Capabilities and Architecture services to the USGS and the results have continue. If interested in leveraging out IDIQ read the background below and review our USGS IDIQ for Enterprise and Solution Architecture
USGS National Geospatial Program Architecture Background
Xentity provides segment architecture development support in Program and Product Planning, Geospatial Data Acquisition and Production Lifecycle Management, Delivery Services, and Resource Management. Xentity also supported analyzing strategic planning and relation to architecture. EA development was based on the defined Federal Segment Architecture Methodology (FSAM). As well, Xentity supported the transition from development to implementation which included such services as:
- Blueprint Roadmap Development
- Governance Formation, Analysis and Consulting
- Solution Architecture Management Consulting
- Operational Quality Analysis – Capacity, Availability, Continuity Analysis
- Business Activity and Role Analysis
- Planning Support and Consulting
- Implementation Facilitation Support
- Change Management and Consulting
- Service-Level Management Consulting
Additionally, Xentity assisted the USGS in creating a communication product plan. This included:
- Extraction of the communication products and communication product activities into a singular unified communication product plan.
- Documented advice and tactics to product and service leads about opportunities unifying and coordinating events for the purpose of (1) increasing presence relating to TNM and USGS brands and (2) making communication product spending more efficient.
- Documented advice about strategic communication techniques and products, including but not limited to branding rollout, key differentiator message support, Maturity road map support, conducting of customer meetings, and capturing stakeholder positioning statements for products,
- Training on newer communication concepts such as social media
Xentity has had 100% deliverable acceptance by USGS and were all on-time and on-budget. Of the 4 blueprints, the resulting 200+ milestones are now being implemented under Xentity supported Program Management Office, and are seeing improvements in all areas. Xentity’s support in providing solution architecture patterns are seeing over 100 IT assets are slated to be retired and still have increase usership, but at a lower cost. NGP Director implemented some organizational management improvements, of which some were based on the Xentity supported resource management roadmap. USGS NGP has shifted to a prioritized stakeholder-driven model to help better invest in data, product, and service content and features the users want/need. Operation Centers have taken to using new internal management processes and toolsets such as online document management collaboration and wikis, online issue/task tracking, migration for some NGP products and services to an ITIL Service Desk “triage” model with a much shorter and reasonable response period, and some early adoption of using Agile Project Management techniques to increase output.
In the area of Communications, Xentity provided the following services to the USGS on this contract even slow adoption of new concepts are yielding large benefits. From supporting a few hundred person inaugural The National Map user conference with a very well received brand treatment and event strategies. Conference support also included pre, during, and post event functions such as A/V coordination, feedback mechanism, last-minute event communication product generation, to seeing new social media accounts and other tools as recommended in the product communication sequence plans. Product Leads have received multiple communication training sessions which concepts included coach Influencing/Sales skills to P&S Leads. Consult on visual ID compliance, Advise and consult with the timing, communication paths, relationships, and critical success factors.
User relevancy is critical as prior to 2008, usage was actually on the decline, Search internet on The National Map User Conference which Xentity directly supported in setting up this inaugural event for May 2011 and results of program usership and product access also was observed as much as 3 times, but generally as 25% uptick in usage. Delivery usage post-conference saw a jump in increased usage, which continues to grow. Delivery Solutions architecture results has continued to see higher usership and relevance to its users, all while not increasing the IT footprint, and in many places decreasing it while increasing service operation qualities.