Xentity has combined the below services for maximizing value of geospatial programs, products, systems, and workforce. We have found common, re-usable, and tailor-able patterns, issues applicable from small to large public and private institutions.
Xentity’s staff has been providing geospatial strategy, planning and solution expertise to large public and commercial organizations for the last 15 years. Our goal is to maximize the value of geospatial products, services, systems, technologies and data for our clients and their customers. We have observed, first hand, patterns of critical issues that have hampered our customers’ performance. These issues are found in the Geospatial business areas of Geospatial Planning, Production and Data Lifecycle Management, and Service Delivery as well as in advising the executive or program leadership to manage and execute such complex and complicated changes.
We have quite a diverse Geospatial Client Portfolio from:
- Geospatial Government Programs: NGA, DOI, USGS, BLM, EPA, The National Map, Core Science, Indonesia SDI
- Private Sector: Space Imaging (GeoEye), Intrawest, Denver Metro Utilities, Cloud-based Geospatial CRM
Our approach and expertise has been developed by providing impactful analysis resulting in practical solutions to these patterns. Our proven approach to problem solving encompasses the best practices of management consulting, enterprise architecture planning coupled with geospatial domain knowledge.
Our services in Geospatial services are:
- Geospatial Planning Analysis Service
- Geospatial Production and Data Lifecycle Management Analysis
- Geospatial Service Delivery Analysis
- Overall Geospatial Strategic and Tactical Management Consulting
Geospatial Planning Analysis Service
Customer Relationship Management: Work with your customers to establish clearly defined needs and the benefits to help you prioritize your efforts and create greater value for your products and services.
- For the US Geological Survey Land and Remote Sensing program and the National Geospatial Program, Xentity led the development business practice changes that focused on bringing external customer segments to the program planning processes leading to technological and product innovations and improved communications.
Cost Benefits Analysis of Geospatial: Optimizing the value of Geospatial assets is often very complex due to its versatility and diverse uses. Organizations typically have numerous and varied stakeholders with similar requirements to exploit its valuable data and powerful technologies. Xentity offers executive level planning and advisory services to clients to identify value opportunities, asses its strategic importance and measure subsequent performance.
- At the US Department of Interior, Xentity provided cost benefit study to establish return on investment for service deployment – analysis yielded 10:1 Benefits.
Data Acquisition and Quality Planning: Align your program data requirements with the available partners, volunteer data, and ensure it flows through the system in an efficient, qualified and cost effective manner. Ensure you retain data in compliance with existing records, archive and use policies.
- Developed and implemented several acquisition strategies for the USGS National Geospatial Program that led to improved data quality and long term maintenance for multiple scale datasets.
Funding Planning: These are challenging economic times that have seen a considerable decrease in government geospatial funds even when the value of geospatial information has not been fully exploited. Now more than ever it is critical to be able to determine and communicate the value and impact of geospatial activities internally, to your customers and with your executives.
- For USGS and use of FGDC CAP Grants, Xentity designed overall acquisition planning model that linked production tracking, multiple purchasing authorities, and locations of existing inventory and purchase targets to help increase ROI on geospatial data acquisition.
Geospatial Production and Data Lifecycle Management Analysis
Concept of Operations Development –Evaluate your existing production processes for new more cost effective ways to move higher volumes of data through the system. Minimize the number of times the data is accessed.
- For Indonesia BAKOSURTANAL NSDI, Xentity staff designed a shared production Environment across disparate incubating programs. Xentity has done similar work for DOI, BLM, USGS, EPA, and numerous private firms.
GeoData Quality Lifecycle Analysis – Synchronize the sources to increase the integration qualities of the data or to improve the quality (accuracy, currentness) of the data.
- US National Geospatial Program – using DLCM sourced data from same suppliers to meet multiple program goals and provided consistency to user community.
Geodata Use Preparation – Optimize how to prepare data for service consumption and use as a part of your production flow.
- BAKOSURTANAL instituted a publishing model where data was integrated across 17 ministries prior to catalog publishing
Service Delivery Analysis
Xentity has provided architectural services to the USGS, DOI and Data.gov on geospatial metadata management, discovery and visualization. We have also conducted information sharing on re-usable information service delivery patterns with multiple agencies and international bodies such as Canada, Australia, and Indonesia
Geospatial Metadata Discovery Architectures – Improve how your data and products are described (metadata) discovered (cataloging), accessed and used in the online world. Integrate your efforts with open government initiatives.
- For USGS Core Science Systems, amongst 4 major tenets, Xentity created a path/blueprint for moving to integrated clearinghouse and harvest solution integrating sciencebase.gov and an existing metadata clearinghouse. Worked with Geospatial One Stop, Data.gov and USGS Science Base Catalogs in support of digital data delivery.
Geospatial Delivery Application Architecture – Implement standardized application frameworks and specifications to support data access and rapid transition to new products and services or delivery methods.
- Solution Architecture design for National Geospatial Program and BAKOSURTANAL for data services and delivery.
Geospatial Delivery Solutions Architecture –Design the access methods for online service delivery or download for all forms of products and services (vector, raster, data file formats, bigdata) through real-time service/stream access for application integration patterns to bulk cloud computing to discovery bigdata search indices with geospatially integrated interpretative signalling
- USGS delivery, by moving to eCommerce model for products, moving to staged products and improving web service access, architecture and standards for improved application integration has had significant IT cost reduction, and 10% monthly increase use over 4 years in product download and service access.
Geospatial Delivery Prototype & Research Application Development – Our architects and developers have capabilities to bring designs to life. Experts in prototyping and early phase technology selection and demonstration in BigData, Visualization, Modeling, Service, Discovery, Semantics, and informatics solutions.
We blend this with our Agile Workshop and Analysis engagement approach for rapid planning, scrum management, sprint planning tracking, and tying back to aforementioned requirements, line of sight, and levels of architecture, and ITIL deployment requirements.
Our goal is to provide services, software tools, and automation procedures to assist in continued appropriate innovation and to keep your research, prototypes, or beta on track.
- USGS initial The National Map base map development in early research
- USGS Cloud Migration analysis few dozen pilots in storage, inventory, services, APIs, bigdata, basemaps and more
- Rapid Prototyping BigData Indices and interpretative signals for millions upon millions of records and complicated discovery requirements replacing traditional RDBMS.
- Visualization Application stacks and mashup developments in ESRI JS API, CartoDB, OpenLayers, ArcGIS Online, CKAN, Socrata, ESRI GeoDataPortal, PostGIS, Leaflet, GeoServer, and many more JS APIs, map servers, and basemap engines.
Geospatial User-Centered Designs – Improve how your users access your digital data and mapping products and keep them aware as your content changes. Design solutions that have notification models in areas of interest, topically aware, and balance popularity, and other qualities and repeatable patterns unique to geospatial
- Space Imaging provided spatial notifications to customers based on area, product and intended use criteria
Geospatial Vendor Product Evaluation & Reseller Specialization – Xentity has evaluated many geospatial product lines in geospatial data, production, product generation, service platforms, and applications/APIs. Xentity has capability to evaluate product lines as well as re-sell products.
- Xentity has evaluated geospatial products, architectures in open-source, COTS, GOTS with and for USGS, GSA, DOI, Salesforce AppExchange company, Denver Metro Utilities Company, and more. See Xentity Partners partners for products Xentity has capability to resell today.