Since our founding, we have focused on complex information problems.
We love data. We believe the I in IT has been second fiddle for too long.
Our passion is in enterprise and mission data programs solving customer, partner and citizen-centric solutions. The goal has been, and still is to help organizations transform for the next generation. Our provision of sustainable transformation for the Next Generation has brought recognition by certified and leading authorities as a leader in this space serving Commercial and Government Organizations.
Missions – Data and Information Management for Science, Geospatial and Geography Services, Natural Resource Planning, Policy, and Protection, Energy Lifecycle, Emergency/Hazards, Transportation/Travel, Health, Enterprise CIO Services
Here is a short example:
Say you are considering the move of petabytes of data to the cloud. The cost models of your current data center shows its cheaper to stay as you are as you already have sunk cost in your data center, and the monthly cost is too hard to absorb right now. OK, from an IT point of view, the analysis is done.
From our mission-focused point of view, we haven’t started. Why petabytes? Does the product need to be that big? What is needed by the community of use? Do we need to deliver it the same way we have over the past decade plus?
We had this exact challenge with a customer.
A client of ours was able to deliver the needed product Faster and Cheaper by Asking these questions. 80% less storage, dozens of servers retired, and immeasurably faster for user since now instantaneous access.
Before moving to the cloud by asking these questions, our process resulted in looking at a simple, new model that created the product at design-time instead of run-time, cutting down the dynamic servers, temporary storage. As well, on the business side, turns out lossless compression technology advanced and R&D proved a 5:1 compression – or 80% storage could be delivered and not lose a “bit” of end-quality. Now products are available instantly instead of 3-5 day wait times and faster since the download is smaller. That is one example of focusing on the I in IT.
Mind you, making larger data centers is cool to the folks running the data center, but its not to the customer or citizen footing the bill. Lets take a step back and not focus on paving cowpaths and other anti-patterns as we advance in technology-based information solutions. Its changing too fast not to take a tiny slow down and design for information purposes as well.
Read more about Xentity Corporate Capabilities
And we are passionate about helping programs transform to improving their data
Aggregate, Assess, Discover, Integrate, Engage, Develop
- Catalogs, SEO, Semantic, Broker, Linking, Aggregation Engine, ETL, Harvesting
How can we accelerate the induction of supply chain management concepts proven for decades in capital investment and industrial engineering into data science and data management?
Data Quality & Use Assessment Solutions
Implement Implied Use, Expert, and Crowd Assessment; Data Analysis, Scaling Analysis, Capacity Planning
- This is our secret sauce which is where we all need to go. Overcoming the garbage-in/garbage-out deluse of the current data state. Building in light and intuitive assessment concepts into the workflow cycle – with proper incentivization, timing, and balance of expert and large pool of resources – while on tight budgets.
- To unleash the secret, use our favorite metaphor (even if your data is more complicated, just try it). How do you learn about a movie on the web? Aside from SEO and discovery solutions, its the assessment that draws you forward – not just the movie metadata.
Data Discovery – Accessibility, Visualization, Search and Discovery
- Improve discovery metadata, develop semantic web models, improve interpretative signals, introduce machine learning, Search Signals, increase SEO, catalog development
Data Integration Platform – Data Platforms, Geospatial Platforms, Cloud IaaS Migrations, Web Services, Delivery Services. Designed and Supporting implementation for a broad series of Integration and Interoperable data platform services:
- Target Data Platform Migrations
- Infrastructure & Cloud Migrations & Tuning,
- Process Management (Workflow, Curation, Chaining)
- Access (Transformations, Formats, Encoding)
- Orchestration (Link, Mediate, Broker, Publish, Syndicate)
- Integration (Warehouse, Real-Time, Big)
- Analysis (Visualization, Estimation, Sensitivity, Modeling, Simulation)
- Tools (Notebooks, Repositories, Containers)
Data Community Engagement – Gamification, Incentivization, CrowdSourcing, Governance
- How to take engagement models such as crowdsourcing, incentivization, gamification to next maturity of game theory to not only enhance data, but increase the quality output of data and reducing the energy?
Data Applications – GIS, Business Intelligence, Real-Time Integration, Voice Integration, Data-Driven Workflow, Warehouse, ETL, Map/Reduce, HTML5/CSS3 applications , mobile apps, data analytics, visualization, business intelligence, web services
- We support the Data Application Development process either working with integrators and technology operations in multiple ways to help move the design into development including prototypes, demonstration, test responsive designs, validate user-centered designs, vendor product evaluation & reseller specialization, migrating legacy system modules to components, data visualization prototypes
Various Technologies supporting our solutions
As strategic and design data consultants and analysts, we are agnostic to the technologies needed – and… every client has different preferences (heavily invested in COTS? environment built on Free and Open Source? Mix of Legacy and Agile Tech.)
We have supported dozens of Geospatial programs – State, Federal Commercial – examining data acquisition, improving production, launching service delivery, creating complex data visualizations, conducting geospatial analytics, integrating geospatial and warehouse/streams
Geospatial – Analysis, GeoData Products, Web Services, Web Apps, ESRI, Boundless / Open Layers (QGIS), CartoDB, OGC, KML, Open GIS, QGIS, GeoJSON, SAFE FME, Exelis
data.gov, geodata.gov, earthcube.org, data.colorado.gov, #GoCodeCo, more! We have supported open data launches, migrations, designs, and operations including leading edge crowdsourcing, gamification, and data challenge programs.
Open Data – Open Data Portals, Web Services, RDF, ISO, FGDC, OGC (Voting Member), ARINC 424, DAFIF, CKAN, Socrata, RDF, SKOS, R, MatLab, netCDF, CAD, GeoJSON, KML
Big, Fast Tools for the addressing the Volume, Velocity, Value, Veracity, and Variety variables of Big Data. We examined new search signals in BigData environments for billions matrixed with billions of records and created architectures for massive integrations and real-time transformations.
Big Data – NoSQL, Hadoop, PEGA, Mongo, AWS, NodeJS, ElasticSearch, Luciad, BrainSpace, Lakes, Warehouses, 4V’s, Warehouse, Ponds, Puddles, Marts, real-time filtering/processing
Cross-cutting technologies across all/most data efforts
Strategy and Design Methods
Established and continuously improving methods developed over last 10 years adopted at highest level of use
- Segment Architecture – MBT (Methodology for Business Transformation), FSAM, Agile Architecture Runways
- Enterprise Architecture – (FEA, TOGAF, DoDAF).
- Solution Architecture Patterns (MVC, ETL, Warehouse, MDM, RESTful, SOA, EAI)
- Lifecycle (Agile, PMP, ITIL v3, Data Lifecycle)
- Agile Applications: Design, Applications, Governance, Risk, Triage
- PM Tools (Trello, Asana, Atlassian)