Since our founding, we have focused on complex information problems.
We have tackled OpenData from data.gov, geodata.gov to colorado.data.gov. We have examined all dimensions of geospatial data from Federal National Vector and Raster Products, State Geospatial Products, Geospatial Analytics for public safety, maps, environmental. We have used metadata about remote sensing data to improve the nations satellite portfolio. We examined new search signals in BigData environments for billions matrixed with billions of records. We are well-versed in complex visualizations integrating geospatial, user, transaction, marketing and procurement data, integrating enterprise planning, scientific and geospatial data. We have jumped head first in supporting leading edge crowdsource, gamification and data challenge programs.
We love data. We believe the I in IT has been second fiddle for too long.
Short example: You can move your petabytes of data to the cloud, but have you examined why petabytes? Does the product need to be that big? What is needed by the community of use?
One of our clients were able to save 80% of storage before moving to the cloud by asking these questions. Turns out a lossless compression could meet the use needs and save 80% in total storage. They did not lose a “bit” of end-quality, and its delivered faster, better, and cheaper. Thats one example of focusing on the I in IT.
Mind you, making larger data centers is cool to the folks running the data center, but its not to the customer or citizen footing the bill. Lets take a step back and not focus on paving cowpaths and other anti-patterns as we advance in technology-based information solutions. Its changing too fast not to take a tiny slow down and design for information purposes as well.
Read more about Xentity Corporate Capabilities
Introducing Innovation from within the Mission Program and across the Enterprise.
Our passion is in enterprise and mission data programs solving customer, partner and citizen-centric solutions. The goal has been, and still is to help organizations transform for the next generation. Our provision of sustainable transformation for the Next Generation has brought recognition by certified and leading authorities as a leader in this space serving Commercial and Government Organizations.
Missions – Data and Information Management for Science, Geospatial and Geography Services, Natural Resource Planning, Policy, and Protection, eservices, Energy Lifecycle, Emergency/Hazards, Transportation/Travel, and Health.
- We examined supported over two dozen modernization blueprints examining deep into program and mission subject matter patterns and challenges.
- From Wildland Fire Data Management to Mission Cloud Migration Assessments to using remote sensing data metadata to improve the nation’s massive earth observation portfolio.
Enterprise CIO – Lifecycles for CPIC, FOIA, Records Management, Information Management Lifecycle, Privacy, IT Security, Requirements Planning, Data Center, Enterprise Architecture (FEA, TOGAF)
- We have approached Enterprise CIO Information Management in the concept of integrated change management to help share data calls and management workflow across the CIO.
And we are passionate about helping programs transform to improving their data
Methods – Enterprise Architecture (FEA, TOGAF), Solution Architecture (MVC, ETL, Warehouse, MDM, RESTful, SOA, EAI), Lifecycle (Agile, PMP, ITIL v3, Data Lifecycle), Segment Architecture (MBT (Methodology for Business Transformation), FSAM (Federal Segment Arch. Method.)), PM Tools (Trello, Asana, Atlassian)
- Our Enterprise Architecture Information Management efforts were duplicated and shared with 30 agencies and countries to help implement our IM approaches, metamodel, GEA alignment and Governance integration
- Our Solution Architects go through rigorous mentoring to understand variances in subject matters, pattern identification, and balancing risk, agile management, and R&D concepts
- Introducing Management practices to help increase delivery timeliness and operation quality – Agile, CMMI, ITIL, etc.
- Implementing Information Management practices in Records, Enterprise Architecture, FOIA, Privacy, Security, and Capital Planning.
Large Data – ERP, SAP, Data Platforms, Web Services, GIS, SEO, Data-Driven Workflow, Warehouse, Ponds, Puddles, Marts
- Implemented Solutions including Open Data Catalogs, Inventory System and Services, Data Services, Harvesting Services, Search Widgets, Search Index and Signals, and Federated Catalogs
- Designing and Building platforms for Metadata, Catalogs, Warehouses, Clearinghouses, Reporting, Integration, business process management, workflow, and knowledge environments
Big Data – NoSQL, Hadoop, PEGA, Mongo, AWS, NodeJS, ElasticSearch, Luciad, BrainSpace, Lakes, Warehouses, 4V’s
- We examined new search signals in BigData environments for billions matrixed with billions of records, evaluated and prototyped architectures
- Designing and Improving data products
Open Data – Open Data Portals, Web Services, RDF, ISO, FGDC, OGC (Voting Member), ARINC 424, DAFIF, CKAN, Socrata, RDF, SKOS, R, MatLab, netCDF, CAD, GIS,
- We have tackled OpenData: data.gov, geodata.gov, data.colorado.gov, #GoCodeCo
- We have supported leading edge crowdsourcing, gamification, and data challenge programs
- Architecting and implementing new delivery and discovery models
Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) – Open refine, CSV, Excel, Informatica, NodeJS, SAFE FME, Data wrangling, RDBMS, unstructured, real-time, Virtual ETL, SAP BO
- We have done the data janitor duties – wrangled, ETL’d, managed, scrubbed, QA’d, scripted, released, DBA’d, tuned
- Process and technology improvements on data production
- New or Improved data acquisition approaches
- Developing and executing data transformation, migration, and wrangling efforts
- We are well-versed in complex visualizations integrating geospatial, user, transaction, marketing and procurement data, enterprise planning, scientific and geospatial data
- Migrating data to current technological platforms – cloud, HTML5, data consolidation, RESTful architectures.
- Prototyping and implementing new Visualization and Business Intelligence platforms and capabilities
- Supporting Integration Testbeds
Geospatial – Analysis, GeoData Products, Web Services, Web Apps, ESRI, Boundless / Open Layers, CartoDB, OGC, KML, Open GIS, QGIS, GeoJSON
- We have examined all dimensions of geospatial data from Federal National Vector and Raster Products, State Geospatial Products, Geospatial Analytics for public safety, maps, environmental for multiple National Geospatial Programs, Statewide Programs, and Private Sector initiatives.
- We’ve implemented solutions including components such as OGC Web Services, OpenSource, ArcGIS, Download Framework and Services, Geospatial Search and Signals, Local SEO, Base maps, GIS Workflow, Geo-Applications, Geospatial Visualization