With the cost data acquisition, curation, creation, and maintenance, people want to re-use quality data. This is open data.
It's about Increasing Transparency and Access to valuable data goes beyond compliance. It involves making data re-usable, service-able, and business cases have shown can power economic and scientific advancement.
Clients look for high-visibility open data portals, aggregations, and community development that spans Federal, State, Local, and International Experience.
- Open Data Platforms (CKAN, Socrata, ODS, GeoNetwork, more) (Design, Dev)
- Open Data ETL Supply Chain Integration(Design, Dev)
- Open Data Vision and Roadmap Consulting (Strategy)
- Open Data Pipeline and Metadata Operations & Maintenance
Top 5 Challenges Open Data Face
- The old nerdy sarcastic adage - "The great thing about standards is that there are so many". Aggregation solutions need adaptive transformation, presentation, and publication rules.
- Open data policy, practices and solutions for fluid, big, and fast is non-existent. The policy is for traditional compliance more recently required, yet still early, scientific publication to support datasets.
- Discoverability solution still relies on metadata, and rules-based filtering, publication, weighting and gamification. This still makes finding the lost ark more likely than an open dataset in the wild.
- Semantic data feature mapping still is a dream as the focus is on getting the open data out there.
- Focus is on open datasets, not open data assets. Undiscoverable data assets are applications, products, maps, galleries, collections. These need aggregated registry solutions .