- Data Operations Transition Support
- Metadata and Data Classification
- Data Product Generation
- Data & Spatial Analysis
- CIO Information Management (FOIA, Records, Privacy, EA, Security)
- Data System Administration
Xentity specializes in solutions in data lifecycle management
…especially those from emergent business model concepts enabled by disruptive technologies like cloud, crowd, mobile, social networks, big data
A lot of data is ugly. There’s a reason it’s called “data wrangling“. As veterans in the battle with ugly data the Xentity team has seen and lived through the real-world challenges of making data useful and informative, even beautiful. The Xentity team understands the challenges of data management. We have internationally recognized expertise in geospatial data architectures, designs and standards. We have the capability to provide ongoing and burst ETL development support as the efforts increase and decrease. Xentity can also advise on sustainability concepts that work to fix the data at the source.
Additionally, most data has a geospatial dimension. And to be most useful, data needs rich geospatial attributes which may come in a wide variety of geospatial data resolutions, sources, accuracies, and qualities. Geospatial data is ranges from polygons, points, vectors, rasterized data, positional, real-time, static, point-clouds and more. Xentity has extensive experience with the full range and complexity of geospatial data and harnessing that data for the benefits in areas of social networking, commerce, science and research, analysis, modeling, visualization, and business intelligence.
Data Operations Transition Support
Operating your data management lifecycle to the design, policy, governance, and service level management needs.
- Architecture Practices Support – data governance analysis and rollout, inventory/metadata practices development and support, data publication and supplier schedules development and support, acquisition schedules development and support, data standards and data quality practice implementation support
- Implementation Analysis Support – policy and budget responsibilities and roles integration analysis, data stakeholder exchange modeling
- Emerging Roadmap Maintenance – crowdsourcing model analysis and agile roadmap, gamification model integration analysis and agile roadmap, data lifecycle management (DLCM) maturity recommendations
Metadata and Data Classification
Publishing your data is half-the-battle, Publishing useful and purposeful data is the key
- Data object decomposition from A-16 themes, entities, feature class to granular logical data objects
- Semi-Structured, Structured, and poly-structured
- Libraries, Photograph, Maps, Videos, and Web Content
- Relational, Tabular, and Geospatial
- Hierarchical, linear and planar
- Data Clustering
- Scientific Collection Analysis
- Automated Collection Scanning
- Algorithm Development
- Semantic and Linked data Tagging
- Standards integration
- Schema Crosswalk
Data Product Generation
Defining data as valuable products and services to help your customers make useful insights
- Data Wrangling – reference data lookups, business rules, data integrity and validation, data staging, data cleanup scripts, conflation, generalization, pyramid
- Data Production – ETL performance tuning, MapReduce, data cleansing, spatial ETL, historical scanning (records, maps, data products, publications)
- Data Implementation – database model development, standards implementation, index development, audit reports, data archiving,
- Data Product Generation – derivative generation, value-add product generation, interactive applications, visualization products, scientific data products and services, geospatial data products and services, product generation automation, data packages, data services
Data Transformation & Migration Analysis
Defining data as valuable products and services to help your customers make useful insights
- Program driven transition schedule development and support
- Use-based Service Change Management Assessment
- Existing services to platform Migration Plan and Facilitation
- Service Delivery Architecture Requirements Development for RFI/RFP
- “Value-add” mission focused collaboration model Development
- Maturity-based enterprise data service and infrastructure evolution model
- CIO Governance integration analysis with annual budget formulation
- Policy Maturity Analysis for institutionalizing data platform and authoritative services
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Gap Analysis and Remediation Roadmap
- Information Security Risk Assessment (ISRA)
- Security Architecture and Environment Analysis
- Cloud Solution and Application Security Assessment
- Third Party Risk Management Process Review
CIO Enterprise Information Management
Experienced, Compliant, and Trained experts specializing in multiple information management domains integrating CIO information to for CIO Decision Support.
- Metadata Repository Administration – open data catalog tools, scripts and applications, data integrity validation, stakeholder support and service desk
- Metadata Repository Integration – adapt information management systems workflows, user gamification integration, data quality automation service checkers, integrating metadata repositories, integrate information management workflows, compliance workflow integration, ERP & metadata integration
- Information management Program Analysis – metadata repository needs analysis, records management process and maturity analysis, FOIA process and communications analysis, personally identifiable identification system analysis, system of record analysis, authoritative data source and replication flow analysis, IT investment maturity analysis, portfolio and program reporting, develop executive dashboards, ad-hoc reporting analysis
CIO Records Management and FOIA Support Services
Experienced, Compliant, and Trained experts specializing in Records Management and FOIA.
- Information Management Consulting – assess programs, document processes, draft records retention schedules (RRS), develop file plan implementation strategy, design and provide training, develop program materials (directives, handbooks, toolkits, workflow, assessments), develop web sites, implement program assessment recommendations, risk profile development, information management program maturity planning, integrated information change management assessment, budget formulation and information management assessment
- Records Management Support – using records and document management software, support off-site storage, support digitization ‘scanning’ projects, support litigation holds, performing on and off-site inventory of records and their statuses, records disposition management processing
- FOIA Analysis Support – review incoming requests, enter request data, recommend processing action, draft response letters/other memos, conduct release negotiations, liaison activities, coordinate search for responsive documents, determine releasability actions, apply appropriate exemptions, prepare records for release, perform redaction, perform package/release, maintain cases, review cases/vaughn indices, applied foia fees, support dispute resolution and appeals.
Data System Administration
Data Managed Services for augmenting your Data Platform and Services Operations
- Content Management System Administration
- Open Data Plaform Administration
- GIS System & Data Administration
- Relational Database Administration
- Data Service Desk Operations
- Data Operations for Radio Network, Next Generation 911, Information Security, Network, Cloud Hosting, and IoT Sensor Operations
Xentity can speak Data Geek which helps consumers understand the data, how they can develop applications against the data, and incent data suppliers to improve metadata thus data value metadata, and ultimately the data asset value that your program is trying to create. Our teams can advise in metadata to benefit search engine optimization, harvesting in other sources, and integrating platforms into other harvesting sites for easy discovery and access.
For business speak, to help bring value earlier in the process as an example of sustainability focus, Xentity brings expertise in data return on investment advisory on: developing Data Commerce and Use Growth strategies such as Contract Strategies or Liaison models for partnering and co-investing in data acquisition/improvement to increase data value; assisting data suppliers in evaluating quality and increasing data value; and strategic data acquisition funding planning approaches to increase data acquisition ROI.
The key to Xentity’s success at executing business transformation, governance, and excellence in communication management has been in the knowledge of how to integrate and tie all domains of program engagements together to create a sum value greater than the individual parts. In 2006, Xentity published an approach on enterprise planning business intelligence and management for the Department of the Interior to improve the change management coordination between CIO investment and information management including CyberSecurity, Privacy, Records Management, FOIA, Capital Planning and Investment Control, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management Plans and coordinating OMB required PAR and other strategic performance reports. In commercial organizations, some of the rigor, policy, or other aspects may very, but the tenets remain the same.