Nationwide Lifecycle Geospatial/Data Services Contract thru December 2024:
The National Geospatial Services contract (Contract #: 1284JC18D0003) is a 5 year, $25M indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract for issuing Firm-Fixed or Labor Hour task orders. This contract can be used by all Forest Regions, National Forests, USFS Offices, HQ, partners, and GTAC to procure geospatial data, technology, and services work. Press Release
Select Past Work Highlights:
- NRM Reporting Analysis
- PIMS Improvement Effort for EADM
- Interactive Visitor Map Dev & Ops
- Wildland Fire Disturbance Assessment GIS Analysis Services
- Agency-Wide Geospatial Data Management Services
- National Hydrography Dataset Support
- Land Status GIS Services
- Forest Map Cartographic Services
- Agency-Wide Geospatial Helpdesk Support
- GTAC GeoApp Configuration
- R8 Dashboard Maintenance
- Reducing Field Reporting Burdens
- GIS Support for Base Mapping
- GTAC Data Center Migration
- Over 30+ task orders
What is the US Forest Service National Geospatial Contract and How Can I Use It?
The National Geospatial Contract is a contract vehicle intended for use by the agency to support data management and geospatial support services across the agency including Forest Regions, National Forests, USFS Offices, HQ Partners and GTAC. It is an Indefinite-Delivery and Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) as Firm-Fixed or Labor Hour with a $25m ceiling over 5 years.
- Contract No. : AG-84JC-S-17-0002
- Contract Ceiling: $25,000,000
- Last Date to Order April 2023
- Task Orders Last Work date : Dec 2024
- Order Types: Fixed Firm Price or Labor Hour
- Who Can Use This? Forest Regions, National Forests, FS Offices, Headquarters, Forest Partners, and GTAC
- Where can work be done: CONUS and OCONUS
GTAC leverages the Xentity Team's proven expertise in GIS, GPS, remote sensing, and other data management and geospatial support services. GTAC is responsible for acquiring services from geospatial professionals to apply advanced scientific knowledge to areas such as analysis, national service center coordination, technology evaluation, training, help-desk, operational support and delivery of data and products.
Data Management Services
- Project Management
- Services Reporting
- Analysis and Product
- Technical Support
- Geospatial Analysis
- Cartography, Mapping, Assessment and Monitoring
- Geospatial Data Management
- Spatial Database Administration – SQL, Oracle, PostGRES
- Web Hosting Administration
- Geospatial Web and Mobile Application and Tool
- Geospatial Helpdesk Support
- GUI Design
- Geospatial Training Development and Instruction
- USFS employee drafts Statement of Work (SOW)
- USFS employee shares SOW with local contracting officer (CO) who will then review SOW.
- CO or Contracting Officer Representative (COR) shares SOW with both vendors under contract.
- CO arranges a Q&A call with both vendors to discuss the SOW
- After 5 business days on average, proposals will be submitted by vendors and received by CO.
- CO and COR will award Task Order (TO) to 1 team. Work usually begins after 5 business days.
For Additional Information