In this series, we demonstrate how we have applied our solutions to a variety of different projects in over twenty years of business. Last time, we went over solutions in data aggregation. Now, here in part 3, we will show how we have applied solutions in information platforms to a variety of projects. Like before, we will list out the solutions themselves and projects that fall under each category. Furthermore, we will also address the challenges involved with these solutions.
INFORMATION PLATFORM SOLUTIONS
Information joins data to analyze complicated questions to historically find out “Why did it happen?” It also takes data and puts it into specific relational or object data models to support very specific policy-driven processes. Typically, information platforms involve the construction of databases and warehouses, along with ETL processes and workflows. These databases, silos, or platforms help to integrate data into a unified, single area for viewing, to help people make informed decisions. You can think of these information platforms as apps or even social media sites. Now, imagine for a moment if those kinds of information platforms were rolled out without a care in the world. No solutions to help smooth the development, or fix the bugs, just turn the whole development process into the Wild West. That’s where we come in.
To support policy & compliance workflow, we support a wide variety of solutions. Like the last two parts, we will list out each solution, as well as a link to one of our past projects for further reading, if possible.
- Process Management (Workflow platforms, Curation, Chaining) – Information Management, Site Management, Data Processing Support and Maintenance, Data Management, Architecture and Records Management
- Relational databases
- Warehouses – Data Support
- GIS & warehouse integration
- ETL Migration to ELT models – CARTO production services
- GIS supply workflows – GIS Analysis, GIS Support for Base Mapping
- Geospatial Platforms – Platform Strategy and Consulting, Geodata Pipelines
- Information Exchange Buses between systems (Electronic Data Interfaces, API to API, Web services, standards transformations)
- Data Product Generation
- Basic reporting & visualization dashboards – BIC Dashboard Design, Region 8 Dashboard Maintenance
- Mobile applications – App Development, Visitor Map O&M
Challenges to Address
- Lower the acquisition cost of data, systems, and technology
- Establish core, foundational, authoritative, accessible datasets and reference models to integrate thematic and mission datasets consistently across business units.
- Migrate Iron to Cloud IaaS solutions to reduce technical debt
- Synchronized disconnected and integrate redundant GIS data workflows
- Get information management activities back on track with agile approach to configurable application sets on common platforms
- Tag, scan and make available non-relational data (legacy maps, scanned documents, etc.) in newer content, document and records management platforms.
- Rapidly develop various using Agile Scrum methods in Web, Mobile, GIS, and Voice (skills)
- Develop service integration to facilitate knowledge transfer and reuse
- Engage your community in your change efforts with workflows including Gamification, Incentivization, CrowdSourcing, and Outcome-driven Governance
- Create enterprise information for integrated change management
See You in Part 4
We hope you enjoyed yet another brief moment of insight into our past work and the solutions we have provided to our many customers. Next time, we move from information platforms to knowledge platforms.